Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Your Rig, You Choose What's Effective

OK let's be fair - a lot of real steel and airsoft shooters choose gear based on what looks cool.  I mean, if we are honest plenty of people try to run a SEAL-looking loadout or they build an AR-platform off of what Haley or Costa are running these days.  Raise your hand - we've all done.  Admitting there's a problem is the first step to healing...

Now that said, the issue should be about effectiveness, not what we look like.  I appreciate wanting to run like some of the big dogs out there, but I think I even MORE appreciate people who find what works for them and their body mechanics, etc., and then they go with it.  Check out this pic from Operation Lion Claws (this past weekend) just below.  I mean, who runs a mag like that?  Well, the answer is this cat does, and if it makes him a more effective operator, then rock on, bro.  Below this, you can see the CEO of KWA running his kit - simple, some Tacos, not a ton of gear.  The bottom-line is about being effective.  For me, I find that this 8-in-line mag pouch is great, but some wouldn't like it.  That's ok.

Remember - effective shooting has a lot of shared fundamentals, but if you have to change something to become a better shooter, do it.



- Carp

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
    multicam plate carrier

    ReplyDelete